- NO ENTRY FEE
- TV BROADCAST
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Hispanic Heritage Short Film Award
Need To Know
Entries shall only include "narrative" live action short films with a Total Running Time of 40 minutes or less where the writer, director or producer is Hispanic and the film’s final form is High Definition. Films must be in English (with/without Spanish subtitles) or in Spanish with English subtitles.
Entries will be accepted between June 25, 2016 and August 26, 2016 via electronic upload or mail delivery to ShortsHD with the appropriate submission form and technical specifications.
The film may be submitted via postal service (e.g. U.S. Mail, UPS, FedEx, etc.) or WeTransfer, using the destination email address given on the Competition website page, in one of the following video formats: .AVI, .MOV (QuickTime multimedia), MP4 (H.264), MPEG, MPG (MPEG-1 and MPEG-2), QT (QuickTime) or WMV (Windows Media Video); format and cannot be larger than [200MB] compressed.
If your film is selected, you will be required to provide us with a copy of your film in one of the following formats:
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ or Uncompressed.
- (NOT ACCEPTED: Apple Pro Res H264)
- VBR expected at or more than 220 Mbps
- 1920 x 1080 square pixel aspect ratio material.
- Native frame rate of original source:
- 24 or 25 progressive frames per second.
- 23.976 progressive frames for inverse telecine sourced from film.
- Telecine materials will not be accepted.
- HD source may be delivered matted: letterbox or pillarbox.
Clearance paperwork for your film in forms acceptable to us in order to be considered for any prize. In addition, a script and still images of the short must be submitted.
After the close of the Entry Period, all eligible entries will be judged and the five (5) finalists will be selected on September 1st, 2016. There will be a final judging round in Washington, DC on September 21st, 2016 and the winner will be announced at the Hispanic Heritage Awards on September 22nd, 2016.
The Judges Committee will feature a panel of film industry professionals, who will review all of the films and determine the top five (5) finalists and select the winner, based on the quality of the film, including its creativity, production value and overall execution.
How do I submit?
1. Scroll down to Submission Form Area and enter all details required.
2. Upon Submission Form completion, you have two options:
- “I wish to send my film by mail” – You will be shown the
proper address to which to send your submission
- “I wish to send my film digitally” – We will provide access to
a WeTransfer window where you may upload your film.
3. After submission you will receive confirmation that your film was delivered and received by ShortsHD.
*If you do not receive an email confirmation within 3 working days, then contact ShortsHD – See Contact.
Submit your film
Please note to submit your film digital this will require uploading a large file...
In the Clouds
(En Las Nubes)
Marcelo Mitnik - Writer/Director
Esteban Arango - Director
Carlos Mendoza Guillén - Director
Francisco Lorite - Writer/Director
Santiago Paladines - Writer/Director